“Digital Scrapbooking Day was first established in 2007 to create awareness for digital scrapbooking – not only as a creative way to document and display memories but also as a means to achieve photos and memorabilia safely digitally….. (The day) is intended to act as a catalyst to set aside some time, at least annually, to digitally documenting your personal history.” – (DigitalScrapbookingDay.wordpress.com)
Here’s the good news! It’s here. It’s this weekend!
For me, Digital Scrapbooking Day has always been about the special sale prices that most stores offer. But while reading the article noted above I gained a broader perspective of the day.
“But Digital Scrapbooking Day isn’t just about digital scrapbooking, the hobby – Digital Scrapbooking Day celebrates all that today’s technology can do to help preserve your precious memories. That means that anyone can participate in Digital Scrapbooking Day – scrapbookers (whether traditional, “hybrid,” or digital), photographers, genealogists, memoirists, personal journalists, bloggers, podcasters, and related retailers all will find something to celebrate on Digital Scrapbooking Day.”
If you have memories stored in some form on a computer, you have reason to celebrate. Here are some ways people celebrate Digital Scrapbooking Day:
- sort and organize digital photos – chronologically and/or by event or theme
- “tag” and write captions for digital photos • scan and restore heirloom photos and memorabilia
- create a digital scrapbook layout or keepsake
- learn a new graphic editing technique
- experiment with new graphics software
So how can I help YOU celebrate the day?
- Do you need to sort your photos? Are you a chronological scrapper? Theme scrapper? Do you look for photos by the event? Think about how you look for photos when you need them, then create folders, and start sorting. Here is a tip from NibblesSkribbles about how to stay organized once you there.
- Are you interested in Genealogy? Diane (ADB Designs) is a fabulous designer who specializes in vintage and genealogy. She has a new Facebook group specifically for scrapbookers who love genealogy. During DSD you can pick up her complete Genealogy Starter Pack (a $57.89 Value) FREE thru Monday. Join her Facebook Group while you’re there or go all out and join her CLUB where you can save over 80% on new releases each month with a Monthly Plan, a Semi-Annual Plan or an Annual plan.
- Do you have a system in place to “tag” your photos so you can find them easily when you need them? There are multiple software options to help you with this: Photoshop Elements Organizer, Adobe Bridge, ACDSee Photo Standard 2018, and more. I have used ACDSee to organize my digi-supplies for years. I seriously couldn’t get along without it! During DSD, I am offering a 40% savings on the Get Organized with ACDSee.
- Do you need inspiration? Visit your favorite digi-store Gallery. But beware! It’s easy to “get lost” in the amazing creativity you will find there, and soon discover that hours have flown by when it seemed like just a few minutes. Take that inspiration, head back to your workstation, and create! It’s okay to “scraplift” ideas. If you have ever wondered about that, this tutorial, I hope, will give you a different perspective: Scraplifting…..
- Are you interested in learning new techniques? Visit my Tutorial Page where you will find hundreds of tutorials to help you. (I am in the middle of redoing it, so look forward to better organization there soon!)
- Are you a Photoshop Elements user? Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 was released this week. If you would like to download a free copy to experiment with, you may do so on the Adobe site.
If you are like me and think “SALE,” here are my DSD Specials for you!
Now is a GREAT time to pick up the products that are on your Wish List!
Because we, as scrappers, like to document all memories, not just big events, it might also be a great day to pick up our cameras and just take some random photographs.
Owen, my grandson, sleeping with his friends, Bruce the whale, and Brown Bear.
Now I’m off to get some scrap-lifting ideas!
I hope you have an incredibly creative and fun day!