Some weeks, nothing of much importance happens; some weeks, I learn (or am reminded) of all sorts of things. This week has been that kind of week for me.
- I learned that when you put away a folding table, you need to keep your fingers out of the way of the legs or you will get your fingers pinched…. really hard. Well, to be fair I knew that, but I was definitely reminded of it this week.
- I learned that when you are favoring a really sore finger, you probably shouldn’t be using a hammer, because your “aim” could be off and you could smash another finger.
- I learned that it is NOT a good idea to put food on the stove and then go check email quickly. It’s way too easy to get engrossed in what you are reading and forget all about the stove.
- I learned that smoke alarms are REALLY loud and scare dogs.
- I learned that “wallpapering” a wall with fabric and starch is NOT as easy as YouTube leads you to believe.
- I learned (or was reminded) that I need to trust my first instincts; that the first paint I used on the wall was fine after all and I didn’t really need to test 5 other colors to be sure of it.
- I learned my 2-year-old Bichon is more afraid of my 2-year-old granddaughter than she is of him. (Thank goodness!)
- And finally, I learned some things that look good from far away….. don’t look so great up close.
Riley BEFORE my very-first-ever-attempt-at-grooming him
Riley AFTER my very-first-ever-attempt-at-grooming him. Not looking too bad… from far away.
Up close? Well…. LOL… Good thing he doesn’t have anywhere special to go this week!
What did YOU learn this week?